About Us //
Established, designed and manufactured in the seaside town of Brighton, our brand encapsulates the style and spirit of the bearded lifestyle. The Brighton Beard Company was founded in 2013 by couple Lloyd and Jessica, who wanted to create a distinctive beard-care range that championed both style and nourishment for the urban beardsman.
We've come a long way from our humble beginnings; with just three products to our name, which were made in our kitchen. Fast forward eight years - and we've had 3 location changes, have over 50 products (and counting!) and we are one of the UK's leading beard & male grooming companies; stocked all across Europe.
We are a small, close-knit team with high aspirations; looking for a friendly and enthusiastic person to join our tribe and help take The Brighton Beard Co to the next level with our first ever Christmas Market!
The Brighton Beard Co. are looking for friendly staff to run a beard care stall at Brighton Christmas Festival.
We have three/four part-time opportunities available for running our stall at Brighton Christmas Festival. Candidates will need to be available to work from the 26th November – 31st December. The best candidate will be highly organised and efficient, adaptable and a great multi-tasker.
- Friendly and approachable – there will be lots of people flowing through the festival and we want someone who is easy to approach and chat to so people feel welcome to peruse the stall. Candidates must be polite and professional and have a keen eye for detail.
- Attentive – We hope it will be busy and someone who is able to balance talking and serving customers whilst keeping the stall looking neat and stocked up is essential
- Positive outlook and able to work independently – Being able to keep yourself upbeat, being adaptable and able to think on your feet is often a necessity of this type of work. That being said it should be a great atmosphere to work in and should always be lots of people about with customers and other traders.
- Knowing the products – we will give you a brief on the products as well as a FAQ booklet, so you can learn all about the products to help advise customers.
- Previous sales experience – this isn’t essential but again huge plus point if you have this, it will be a busy market stall but there will be less busy periods throughout the day and drumming/securing sales through these is necessary.
- There will be incentives for meeting sales targets, making sure you’re rewarded for your hard work
- Shifts will be 6 hours a day (either 11am – 5pm or 5pm – 11pm) rotas to be determined depending on candidates
- Owning a beautiful beard would be a bonus, but in no way necessary
- Being local to Brighton would be ideal
Contract length: 1.25 months
Part-time hours: 21-28 per week
Application deadline: 22/10/2021
Expected start date: 24/11/2021
End date: 31/12/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £10.00-£11.00 per hour
Outdoor market / sales space - common surfaces will need to be sanitised regularly, and hand sanitiser will be provided.
If you would like to apply to this role please send your CV and a cover note to email@example.com, explaining why you feel you are a great candidate for this role. Only successful candidates will be contacted.