We want you to enjoy your Brighton Beard Co. candles just as much as we have enjoyed creating them.
Before lighting your candle for the first time we recommend reading through the following information. As always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line.
Our Candle Burning Top Tips
- For optimal burning, trim your wick to 3-5mm before each lighting to ensure an even burn and the fragrance being related correctly without overheating or smoking.
- Ensure the candle is placed on a heat resistant surface.
- The first burn of your candle is super important - please allow enough time for the wax pool to melt all the way up to the edge of the jar. Otherwise, the line up to which you burn it too will remain its 'memory line' and will result in tunnelling and a huge loss of wax!
- Refrain from burning candles any longer than 4 hours at a time, and never burn a candle when there is less than 1.5cm of wax at the base.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of drafts, pets, or small children. Whilst we're all for zen vibes and relaxation, never take a snooze whilst your candle is lit!
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling
- Once the flame is extinguished make sure the wick is upright and centred.
- Extinguish the flame carefully by snuffing it rather than blowing on it - you can use a metal spoon if you don't own a snuffer.
Please note, failure to trim your wicks, burning for longer than 4 hours at a time and leaving in unsuitable conditions can be a fire risk. Should anything come from not caring for your product and following basic candle care and safety instructions we are not liable for any damages that should occur from this.